How up to date are you with current affairs? Find out by completing our latest quiz here.
Below are the answers to Quiz #245: 19 October-2 November, which appeared in the 22 October edition of the magazine.
1. Which supercar manufacturer appointed South African, Brett Soso, as managing director of its new Europe, Middle East and Africa regions?
2. True or False? In 2007, Dis-Chem Pharmacies listed on the JSE.
False. Dis-Chem Pharmacies listed on the JSE in 2016.
3. French broadcasting giant Group Canal+ took a 6.5% stake in which large African pay-TV operator?
4. Fill in the correct term: SA’s trade balance recorded a of R38.87bn in August 2020.
5. True or False? British low-cost airline easyJet reported its first annual loss in 25 years.
6. Name the CEO of South32?
7. True or False? SA’s telecoms regulator has invited applications from mobile operators to bid for high-speed broadband spectrum.
8. How many border gates are there between SA and Lesotho?
9. True or False? Acclaimed Kenyan writer Ngu~gi~ wa Thiong'o won the 2020 Nobel Prize in Literature.
BONUS QUESTION IN THE MAGAZINE:
On what type of court is the French Open played?