Cape Town - Finance Minister Malusi Gigaba is set to deliver his maiden Budget Speech on February 21, amid a backdrop of political uncertainty and an economy showing little sign of growth.
If you had the ear of the highest in the land, what would you want National Treasury to look at when South Africa's budget is tabled before Parliament? Do you have any ideas on how to foot the bill for free higher education, or how to kickstart the sluggish economy?
Now you have the chance to tell Gigaba your views about the country’s economic conditions, and any other issue you would like government to highlight in the budget. The finance minister has also invited input, views and comments from the public on four specific topics:
- Funding of free education for students in tertiary institutions;
- How South Africa can achieve inclusive economic growth;
- How South Africa can use its resources to ensure efficiencies; and
- How the government, civil society, unions and business can work together for the purpose of achieving South Africa’s economic objectives.
Send us your tips on these and any other budget-related topics, and we will make sure they are passed on to Gigaba.
You could also tweet your tips and include the hashtag #BudgetTips2018, Follow @TreasuryRSA, or go to the National Treasury website: Budget 2018 TIPS.
- Visit our Budget 2018 Special for all the news, views and analysis.