- City Lodge sells 148-room hotel in Tanzania for R1m, Kenyan hotels also sold
- Police union spoiling for a strike over wage hikes
- Confusion over whether generator owners can buy diesel in a container
- Telkom CEO to step down
- Distell suffered R100m in damage to KZN depot, thanks 'taxi partners' for protection
- Blood Brothers | Police circle Yusuf Kajee as 'person of interest' in bloody tobacco war
- PREVIEW | No glitz nor glam in Springboks' first Lions Test strategy: 'It's just about the win'
- Steinhoff shareholder wants Deloitte to account for alleged 'negligent performance'
- SATURDAY PROFILE | Massmart CEO Mitchell Slape: 'Don't judge SA on one week of unrest'
- Sipho Maseko: The man who modernised Telkom prepares to bow out in 2022
Rand - Dollar
Rand - Pound
Rand - Euro
Rand - Aus dollar
Rand - Yen
All JSE data delayed by at least 15 minutes
In light of the recent looting, do you think a basic income grant is the right approach to deal with SA’s hunger and poverty problems?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
It will go a long way in helping fight the symptoms of SA’s entrenched inequality, especially for those who are starving right now
20% - 1272 votes
SA’s problems are complex, and we instead need to spend that money on building and growing our economy, which will help the country in the long run
31% - 2020 votes
All grants are a problem as they foster a reliance on handouts
49% - 3194 votes
Covid-19 Money Hub - answering your business and money questions during the crisis
22 Jul 2020
MONEY CLINIC | Can I get a loan while under debt review?
MONEY CLINIC | My son has permanent residency in the UK - should he emigrate...
MONEY CLINIC | I entered into debt review a year ago and can't cope - what should...