The city of Cape Town is one of the continent's cleanest and most hospitable metros, as well as one of the world’s best places to live, play and stay. But the city centre wasn’t always this wonderful. CEO of the Cape Town Partnership, Bulelwa Makalima-Ngewana discusses the revitalisation of the city. finweek Money Matters is a weekly programme aired every Friday 13:00 CAT on CNBC Africa (DSTV Channel 410). The programme focuses on trends, investment analysis and economic debates.
- SIU files court papers to recover R3.8bn from Molefe, Koko, Guptas and others at Eskom
- Shoprite exits Nigeria after 15 years
- Over 1 400 staff members at Pick n Pay take voluntary severance packages
- OPINION | Alcohol sales ban: The switch has been flipped on us all
- South African Breweries cancels R2.5 billion in plant upgrades due to alcohol ban
- Conservatorium fights Christo Wiese on Steinhoff claim
- Solly Moeng | Spokespeople have a lot of power - they should be scrutinised
- Business rescue success hampered by ostrich syndrome and some 'rogue operators'
- OPINION | You cannot call yourself successful in a society that fails
- Battle over access to Covid-19 vaccines ahead as rich nations are first in line
All JSE data delayed by at least 15 minutes
Do you think it was a good idea for the government to approach the IMF for a $4.3 billion loan to fight Covid-19?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
Yes. We need the money.
11% - 831 votes
It depends on how the funds are used.
74% - 5492 votes
No. We should have gotten the loan elsewhere.
15% - 1098 votes
Covid-19 Money Hub - answering your business and money questions during the crisis
MONEY CLINIC | Can I make a fraction of my retirement fund accessible during...
MONEY CLINIC | I have R70k in retirement savings. How can I diversify my investments?
MONEY CLINIC | Can I buy a house while under debt review?