Fancy yourself a general knowledge whizz? Then give our quiz a go! You can complete our latest quiz, which appears in the 6 June edition of finweek, here.
Here are the answers to the quiz that appeared in the 23 May edition of finweek.
1. Which ride-hailing service was the first to list on a stock exchange?
2. How many parliamentary seats did the ANC lose in the recent national elections?
3. On 6 May, Britain’s Duke and Duchess of Sussex welcomed a son, Archie Mountbatten-Windsor. Where does the baby fall in the royal line of succession?
4. True or false? The Vodacom group reported an increase in earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation (ebidta) from South Africa in its latest full-year results.
5. Which football team finished third in the 2018-19 English Premier League?
6. True or false? Actor Rami Malek will be playing the new ‘Bond villain’ in the 25th James Bond film, scheduled for release in 2020.
7. Name the chief financial officer of Steinhoff.
8. Which one of these global tech companies doesn’t have operations in South Africa?
9. True or false? Maria Ramos is still the CEO of Absa.
10. The Met Gala, an annual fundraising event for the benefit of the Metropolitan Museum of Art's Costume Institute in New York City is held on the of May annually.