Fancy yourself a general knowledge whizz? Then give our quiz a go! You can complete our latest quiz, which appears in the 20 June edition of finweek, here.
Here are the answers to the quiz that appeared in the 6 June edition of finweek.
1. If the time is 17h20 in South Africa, what time would it be in Vanuatu?
2. The bestselling South African book Country of My Skull, which was later adapted into a screenplay, was based on which of the following events?
The South African Truth and Reconciliation Commission (TRC)
3. True or False? The Competition Appeal Court approved Sibanye-Stillwater’s takeover of Lonmin.
4. Which two African countries feature spears and shields on their flags?
Kenya and eSwatini
5. The South African folk song Qongqothwane, better known as ‘The Click Song’, makes reference to which insect?
6. In golf, a hole played in two strokes less than par is called a:
7. The capital city of the North West province was established in the year .
8. True or False? The top speed of the Ford Model T produced between 1908 and 1927 was 100km/h.
9. Which Asian country is bordered by China to the north, Laos and Cambodia to the west, part of Thailand to the southwest, and the Philippines, Malaysia and Indonesia across the South China Sea to the east and southeast?
BONUS QUESTION IN THE MAGAZINE:
10. Who was the most nominated artist at the 2019 South African Music Awards?