Fancy yourself a general knowledge whizz? Then give our quiz a go! You can complete our latest quiz, which appears in the 4 July edition of finweek, here.
Here are the answers to the quiz that appeared in the 20 June edition of finweek.
1. Which one of the following is not exported by New Zealand?
2. Which country’s national cricket team is also known as the Men in Blue?
3. True or false? Marie Curie, the first woman to win a Nobel Prize, was also the first person and only woman to win the award twice.
4. On which date during World War II did the Normandy landings (codenamed Operation Neptune and often referred to as D-Day) take place?
6 June 1944
5. In which three countries is the Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park situated?
South Africa, Botswana and Namibia
6. True or false? Neil Diamond is yet to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
7. In the ‘Harry Potter’ series of fantasy novels written by British author J.K. Rowling, which prison did Sirius Black escape from?
8. Supply the missing name: Former US President Calvin Coolidge and his wife Grace Coolidge kept a pet raccoon during their stay in the White House. It was named .
9. What is a six-sided polygon called?
BONUS QUESTION IN THE MAGAZINE:
10. Who is SA’s minister of small business development?