Here are the answers to the quiz that appeared in the 15 August edition of finweek.
1. In its latest financial results, power utility Eskom reported a net loss of how much?
2. On 30 July, the CEO of the JSE, Nicky Newton-King, retired from her position. Who is set to take over from 1 October 2019?
Dr Leila Fourie
3. True or false? Credit rating agency Fitch downgraded South Africa’s outlook from stable to negative.
4. What is Samsung’s first foldable smartphone, available in selected markets from September, called?
Samsung Galaxy Fold
5. South Africa’s unemployment rate currently stands at:
6. True or false? Africa’s largest supermarket chain, Shoprite, increased its sales for the first six months to June by 6.5%. .
7. American singer-songwriter Katy Perry was ordered by a US court to pay Flame, a gospel artist, $2.7m for copying which 2013 song:
8. Rwanda briefly shut its border with the Democratic Republic of Congo, escalating its response to what medical outbreak?
9. What do the three letters in the name of mining company BHP stand for?
Broken Hill Proprietary
BONUS QUESTION IN THE MAGAZINE:
10. Which country’s government launched an inquiry into e-waste, calling for devices and appliances like phones and washing machines to be ‘made to last’?