How up to date are you with current affairs? Find out by completing our latest quiz here.
Below are the answers to Quiz #236: 1 June-22 June, which appeared which appeared in the 4 June edition of the magazine.
1. President Cyril Ramaphosa announced that some low-risk prisoners would be granted parole to help curb the spread of the coronavirus in correctional facilities. Around how many people will be freed by the move?
2. Fill in the missing figure:
Vodacom Group reported a % rise in annual earnings.
3. True or False? Phumelela Gaming and Leisure has entered business rescue.
4. Life Healthcare Group recently cancelled its interim dividend to preserve cash. What was the group formerly known as?
5. True or False? A Singapore judge sentenced a man to death via video-conferencing platform Zoom.
6. Which of the below is South Africa’s largest private hospital operator?
7. True or False? The Eastern Cape has the highest number of confirmed Covid-19 cases in South Africa.
8. With an estimated net worth of about £16.2bn (R350bn), who tops 2020’s annual Sunday Times Rich List of the UK’s wealthiest people?
9. True or False? The chairwoman of Steinhoff, Heather Sonn, has stepped down.
BONUS QUESTION IN THE MAGAZINE:
On 21 May, the South African Reserve Bank announced an additional rate cut of:
50 basis points.