Johannesburg - Food delivery service, UberEATS announced it will now operate in Durban, as the first city in KwaZulu-Natal.
Durbanites can request for delivery in Durban North, Umhlanga to Morningside and the Ballito area, seven days a week for a delivery fee of R20, regardless of the size of the order.
First time eaters in Durban can use the code HELLODURBS to enjoy free delivery for three orders, valid for two weeks.
- READ: KFC comes to UberEATS
Some of the UberEATS restaurant partners at launch include: Afro's Chicken Shop, Silverani's, RocoMamas, Pop-up Society Restaurant and Bar, Spiga D’Oro, Bombay Blu, Mcdonalds, KFC, Kauai and so much more. And this is just a start, UberEATS will be expanding their service over the next weeks and will be adding more top restaurants to their offering.
“Durbanites are well known for their love of food so we are excited to further expand to the city of Durban, as we know they have been waiting in anticipation. We look forward to making life more tasty, accessible and more convenient,” says Nic Robertson, General Manager for UberEATS Middle East and Africa.
UberEATS first launched in Johannesburg a year ago and grew to Cape Town, Stellenbosch, and Pretoria and due to high demand, it is now diving into Durban. The reliable on-demand food delivery app provides eaters, restaurants, and delivery partners with more options - at the tap of a button.
The riding-hailing company said recently that it had surpassed 550 000 downloads so far in SA, which equated to some 10 000 downloads a week.
UberEATS is an online meal ordering and delivery service, which taps into Uber’s network of partner-drivers to deliver meals from restaurants.
How to get UberEATS?
1. Open UberEATS – Download the app by searching for “UberEATS” in the Apple or Android app store OR access UberEATS online by going to www.UberEATS.com
2. Sign in—you can use your existing Uber account for UberEATS. New to Uber? Creating an account is easy.
3. Pick your delivery location – Input your address where you’d like your meal delivered
4. Find the perfect meal - Find exactly what your tastebuds are asking for
5. Place your order – Pick the items you want right now or schedule your order to arrive whenever is most convenient for you
6. Track the progress of the delivery – Get updates as your order is prepared and delivered to your destination