About a third of the 120mg of the mineral sodium in the body is found in your bones. The rest is in your body fluids. It ensures a proper fluid and electrolyte or pH balance in your body, together with chlorine and potassium.
- Omicron variant: Why everyone still needs to be vaccinated, even if they've had Covid-19
- Covid-19: Reinfections three times more likely with Omicron variant, early research finds
- SA is clearly entering into 4th wave, says top NICD expert - urges those hesitant to get vaccinated
- Napping in the afternoon can improve memory and alertness – here’s why
- Covid-19: Omicron, fourth wave – experts plead with health workers to get their J&J booster shots
- 'There will be no leadership gap': Batohi says ID head Cronje's resignation was discussed for months
- EXCLUSIVE | Bheki Cele: Blame Khehla Sitole for July unrest, not me
- Joburg council sitting signals tough road ahead for mayor Phalatse
- Covid-19: 'Start thinking of a plan B' - expert on whether it is safe to see family over Christmas
- Magistrates' Commission was 'fixated on excluding candidates from a particular group', SCA finds
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
29% - 9751 votes
71% - 23991 votes