Cocoa, nuts, pumpkin, sunflower and other seeds, and grains. Protein-rich foods such as chicken, fish and meat aid the absorption of magnesium, along with the intake of calcium, phosphorus and zinc, and the vitamins B1, B6, C and D.
- Hypertension, the ‘silent killer’: Top tips to help you get an accurate blood pressure reading
- What the latest Covid-19 stats can tell us - and what they can’t
- Narcissistic people less likely to comply with Covid-19 regulations, study finds
- 50-year-old muscles just can’t grow big like they used to – biology of how muscles change with age
- Barbell exercises aren’t essential for getting fit - here’s what you can do instead
- 'Call it reconciliation' - fathers of Stellenbosch students in urination row agree to meet face-to-face
- SA Rugby given option to 'settle' and sever ties with CEO Jurie Roux
- 'Melkbos Monster': Wife Annet hits back as some parents stop sending kids to her crèche
- Khampepe urges NPA to swiftly pursue prosecution of apartheid crimes
- Buckle up: Painful price hikes ahead
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
28% - 9929 votes
72% - 25907 votes