Ask an expert

24 Feb 2010

herpes zosters
Please help how do I get rid of scars from herpers they look like burn scars.

Thank you
Answer 238 views
Anti-ageing expert
anti-ageing expert

01 Jan 0001

Hi China, thank you for the question.

Your best option would be to consult a dermatologist or an aesthetic medical practitioner who can examine the scars and advise you on the best treatment options.

Typically scars respond well to chemical peels (mild scars) or to fractional ablative treatments (medium/deep scars) such as Syneron’s Matrix RF, Fraxel, UltraPulse FX, Sciton, and Palomar Startlux.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9463 votes
68% - 20188 votes