Ask an expert

14 Aug 2007


I am 38. A few years back already, the right hand side of my face became slack. This was and is quite distressing - when I drink water, some of it will slip out from the right hand side of my mouth. So my whole right side is sagging more than my left. I know there is a condition where peoples faces drops on one side - can't remember what it is called. Is there anything I can do now after a few years of having this?? A muscle strenghtening or something?

Please help.
Answer 307 views
Anti-ageing expert
Anti-ageing expert

01 Jan 0001

Hello Face, thank you for the question.
I believe what you are referring to is known as Bell’s Palsy. However, I do not believe this is what you are suffering from. My advice would be to consult a Neurologist as soon as possible to find the exact diagnoses, and from there, one will be able to advise you on the appropriate treatment.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9362 votes
67% - 19299 votes