Ask an expert

15 Oct 2008


I am a 32 year old male and although I have fairly good skin, i have these terrible wrinkles under my eyes and my forehead.
The eyes are worse in the morning when i wake up and gradeually thorughout the day the become less pronounced.
What can I use to smooth these out, without going the botox route
Can you suggest any cream' s etc
Answer 438 views
Anti-ageing expert
Anti-ageing expert

01 Jan 0001

Hi Dorian, thank you for the question and my apologies for the delay with your answer but I have just returned from my London clinic.

The most important aspect of your topical regime is to use sun avoidance and a good SPF that contains zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide.
Unfortunately, there is no topical product on the market that will dramatically reduce wrinkles, especially those that are relatively deep and created from muscle movement. If you do not what to consider Botox I would add the following to your topical regime:
Glycolic acid peels, anti-oxidants such as Prevage MD, and vitamin A
If you would like to see a faster and a more aggressive improvement of these wrinkles you may have to consider using a series of medium depth peels (TCA peel) or laser skin rejuvenation. Lasers such as Fraxel will require 4 to 6 sessions while the Lumenis Ultrapulse FX will require only 1 session.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.