Ask an expert

27 Jul 2007

Concerned walker
I'm starting doing walking competitions and my current Adidas shoes really hurt my feet and shins... I want to get new shoes but no sales person seems to know what I need. Who can I see to get advice about the correct walking shoes, or which shop can I go to... All the typical places (Totalsports, Sportmans Warehouse) etc have sales reps that are only interested in selling the most expensive shoe to earn more commission... Please help...
Answer 367 views
Foot expert

01 Jan 0001

Your best bet is to go to a podiatrist with an interest in sport, they will advise you without sales in mind
Get a referral to one by calling 0861 100 249
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9364 votes
67% - 19336 votes