Ask an expert

31 Jul 2007

cycling knee injury
i having a problem on my right leg on the out side - i have done rest, needles and its still hurting and only when i cycle ,not when i ran, i have done my bike set-up can it still be a serious ITB. what can i do
Answer 367 views
Sports injuries

01 Jan 0001

Hi Jaco
You don't say where on the leg? I'm assuming @ the knee.
It can be. It can also be a bursitis where a little fluid filled sac next to the bone gets inflammed.

A corticosteroid injection may help in both cases. A small operation may be necessary if it continues IF it is ITB.

Dr P
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9379 votes
67% - 19431 votes