Ask an expert

20 Aug 2007

Please help. My husband has gout all year round.He discovered a gout pack from a pharmacy and is using it.I do not want him to use it all the time as it includes prednizone which is dangerous. What can he use to overcome this problem?
Answer 518 views
Foot expert

01 Jan 0001

First he needs to go to a Dr and have a blood test to confirm his uric acid is elevated, he then needs to be on tablets (chronic medication) to lower the uric acid as well as seeing a dietitian about a diet to assist in this. certain foods will precipitat gout and he needs to know which foods to avoid.

Getting a pharmacy based treatment pack on an ongoing basis is not right he needs good medical management
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.