Ask an expert

19 Apr 2003

pea size
smal loose moving pea in ball bag not on testicle, in the bag-went to doctor said it feels like anurisim in sperm area-shure he never felt this hard ball like lump.
Answer 320 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear James

You may have a spermatic cyst, which is a small dilatation of the epididymis. It requires no surgery provided it is not painful.

If this thing moves all over the scrotum, then it could be a "scrotal pearl" which is a small piece of tissue that moves around the sac between the testes and scrotal tissue. Leave it alone.

If your GP is unsure, he must refer you.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9476 votes
68% - 20314 votes