Ask an expert

02 Aug 2007

plantar fasciatis
please help! i am desperate - been to a podiatrist, got orthotics, which i wear for most of the day. i have had physio, cortisone injection, been on crutches for three weeks, stopped running, and i still have pain between the heel and the arch of my foot! just general walking around hurts my foot. i am only 32 years old, and feel like an 80 year old that has constant pain and can't walk. what more can i do? is it possible that the orthotics are incorrect? my shoes have also been checked by podiatrist.
Answer 388 views
Foot expert

01 Jan 0001

Sadly you are doing it all correctly but Plantar fasciitis can be very stubborn
Ask your podiatrist to check 2 things on your orthotics
1) He must add a fascia accommodation band
2) He must check for sagittal plane block.
he can call me via the SA Podiatry assn number 0861 100 249 if he wants

print this out and take it to him/her
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9362 votes
67% - 19327 votes