Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
24 Oct 2006
I have been having these ring worm for some over a year now, they started as a small itchy round thing and then develop into bigger round dry skin, stiil itchy. My porblem is that in the last five months it has started ti fill up most of my body. I have used Lamisil, Ketazol and a tablet called Austell cant remeber excatly how the name is but you use one tablet a week, I have since taken one and it looked like it is working, is there anything which can help cure thiese tghings faster?
Has the dianosis of ringworm been confirmed? The diagnosis can be confirmed by doing a smear of the skin or by sending material to the laboratory for testing. The reason I am asking is because there are a number of skin conditions that can "look" like a fungus. Common eczema can imitate a fungus as well as psoriasis. Let me know. Then I will advise you about treatment.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Why South Africa stopped making vaccines
- Cloth masks can be as effective as surgical masks against Covid-19, new study reports
- How rare is very rare? Your questions about blood clots – answered
- Moderna’s experimental booster shot protects against variants first discovered in SA and Brazil
- High doses of vitamin D have no effect on severe Covid infection - study
- THE ESKOM FILES | La bella vita: The lavish house Eskom exec Hlakudi built with 'bribes'
- 'Nothing concrete so far, let's stop' - Zondo to former Free State DG during testimony
- Karyn Maughan | Chief Justice Mogoeng's exit: How will the judiciary be impacted?
- SA's 'global influence' shown in US Covid-19 vaccine IP waiver, Ramaphosa says
- 'There's no turning back': Magashule defiance raises talks of his possible expulsion
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9465 votes
68% - 20208 votes