Ask an expert

20 Sep 2006

spot on tip of nose
have have this spot for over a year. saw gp - said not to worry, but it stays no matter what I do. looks like a small pimple. very worried as i read an story about a women eventually having half her nose and check cut away from skin cancer.
Answer 312 views

01 Jan 0001

You are obviously worried about the spot on your nose. What is more you are worried that you may skin cancer. My advice would be to see a dermatologist to make a clinical diagnosis and, if necessary, to take out a tiny piece of skin to send to a laboratory to finalize the diagnosis. Only then will your mind be set at ease I think.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9476 votes
68% - 20320 votes