Ask an expert

06 Sep 2007

Vaginal Infections
Hi There, My partner has recurring problems with vaginal infections. We are not very sexually active and use protection always. Taking vitamin pills and additional over the counter fixes tend to work for a short period but the infection always comes back resulting in 6 weeks of extreme pain for her. The pain is increased when she has to urinate and sexual activity is far too painful to even consider.

Please could you assist or refer us to someone who can fix the problem

Answer 324 views
momentum expert

01 Jan 0001

Dear Barry
The best would be for her to see a gynecologist - she may need to change her contraceptive, or get hormonal supplement to prevent infections.
Look on - do a database search ( Left bottom) for a gyne near you.
Dr Bets
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.