Ask an expert

27 Apr 2003

weak erection
I am 54 and for the past 10 years i have not been able to keep a erection. I have been to a urologist and have tests done to me but to no avail. The only way i can achieve a good erection is if i go to mens clinic and i inject myself with a very expensive -|- tail. What can the problem be? Please help me. I am married and my wife has been very patient.
Answer 301 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Dickie

There are many causes of this problem. We first examine you and check your blood pressure. Next you need some blood tests which include, Testosterone, glucose, full blood count, Urea and electrolytes and liver function tests and prolactin level.

If these are all normal, then most organic causes are excluded, and we have to resort to either viagra, urprima or injection therapy. We have not had good relsults from the homeopathic medicines, although some will swear by it.

We realise that treatment is not optimal and that it has limitations, however its all we have. Go back to your urologist and consider a SEX therapist if its not working out.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.