Ask an expert

18 Oct 2006

Dear Doc

I have a back problem. My spine presses down on my nerves and causes numbness pain etc down my right leg. When I was 14 I was knocked over by a car. At the time the doctors could not find anything wrong with me but now at 33 I am suffering every day.

What I need to know is where do I go for treatment as no one has ever taken any xrays of my back the phisio just said that my spine presses on my nerves. I just feel I want to know exactly what I am dealing with. I mainly suffer on my right side (side where car impacted) Lately though I have an excrutiating pain by my -|- six and I am not sure if I should go see a specialist or a chiro practor.

I want to avoid a back operation as much as possible.

Answer 335 views

01 Jan 0001

You need to see a chiropractor soon. He/she will in all probability refer you for an X/Ray examinination to determine the full extent of your problem and further care.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9472 votes
68% - 20283 votes