Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
18 Nov 2008
Pregnant with numb spot
have this really weird numb spot on my right leg, just above the knee. Its so difficult to describe because I can feel when there is an itch but when I touch it the entire area has no feeling to it. I fell two weeks ago and had bad back pain so I thought maybe I pinched a nerve? The back pain is mostly gone and I only discovered the numb spot two days ago so I don' t know how long its been there. The colour and everything is okay so the blood supply seems fine, its just its totally numb. Standing, rubbing, massage...nothing seems to relieve it.Its about 20 cm in diameter.
I am 29 weeks pregnant
I am 29 weeks pregnant
This is an indication that the nerve was "irritated" - as there is no low back pain at present and as you indicate that you are pregnant (how long?) - it may be advisable to wait until your youngster has arrived, and six weeks after the birth consult a chiropractor for a thorough "check up". Injured nerves often take quite some time to fully recover.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- OPINION | Change your diet to change your cancer risk
- Is it the vaccine technology, used by AstraZeneca and J&J, causing blood clots? No evidence yet
- Researchers looked at link between sunlight and Covid-19 deaths - what they found
- Lockdowns can reduce the severity of Covid-19 epidemics – and genetic evidence proves it
- How to actually fix a lost voice, according to science (hint: lemon and honey doesn’t work)
- Killing Kinnear: Secret report reveals infighting contributed to cop's death
- Karyn Maughan | Mogoeng, Malema and the judges: Inside the JSC hearings that shook the judiciary
- New African Bank CEO is 'back to complete the unfinished business of transformation in SA banking'
- 'Julius Malema should be removed from JSC': 6 questions with Casac's Lawson Naidoo
- Ramaphosa on Mantashe cadre deployment comments: 'I will answer at the Zondo Commission'
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9433 votes
68% - 19971 votes