Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
01 Feb 2010
Shooting pain down hip and side of leg
For a number of months I have been getting a shooting pain in my right hip that travels down my leg. It has been intermittent and only lasted a few seconds, but on Saturday I had at least 5 episodes that lasted about 30 seconds an was absolutel excrutiating. The aid originates in the hip area, maybe a little towards he buttock and travels down the outside of the leg. Who should I see to get this sorted out.
There seems to be some pressure or irritation on the Sciatic nerve - this originates in the lower spine and a chiropractor should be able to help provided you don't let the problem go too far.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Struggling to convince someone who's vaccine-hesitant to get Covid-19 jab? Try this approach
- How quickly do we become unfit?
- Type 2 diabetes: Sitting can cause problems with blood sugar levels, so get up and move
- Finding an HIV vaccine: Five lessons from the search for a Covid-19 jab
- PODCAST | HIV unmuted: Aids and the elusive vaccine
- Phase 2 of SA's ambitious Covid-19 vaccination drive gets under way countrywide
- If Zuma is ready to go on trial, why is he bringing another doomed case against the NPA?
- State capture: Geoff Makhubo denies his influence was bought
- OPINION | Berry lekker: How urban foraging is one way to help feed SA's hungry
- Ralph Mathekga | Magashule ties ANC's hands
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9476 votes
68% - 20347 votes