Ask an expert

11 Nov 2008

TenoSinoVitis-R Wrist - ExcrutiatingPain
Dear Doc

I recently saw and Orthopaedic Surgeon who diagnosed me with the above in my R wrist and gave me that terribly sore injection. I had no pain for a few months and he did indicate to me that if this persisted that we would have to look into removing the piece of bone surgically.

Is there any other way of releiving the pressure and the pain?

Thank you,

Corrie Louw
Cel: 072-607-2104
Answer 353 views

01 Jan 0001

Your Orthpaedic specialist is quite probably correct - but you could try physiotherapy before a final decision to intervene surgically.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.