Ask an expert

07 Jan 2003

15 year old. Drug abuse.
Friends son of 15 years old has drug abuse. Has been expelled from school. Presently at home with parents. Need urgent urgent advise of rehab centre, either private or government. Son has lost tremendous weight and now wants to kill himself. Affecting parents, friends and family.
Have taken him to Johannesburg General Hospital ,say they cannot help him. Does not want
to live anymore. Today tried to kill himself with a knife.
Urgent help needed with detox rehab centre that will urgently admit him. Medical aid does not pay for these sytems trying to find other means of help.
Answer 458 views

01 Jan 0001

Desire, the best would be to speak to his GP as he will know the local resources. You can also contact SANCA and ask them for a referral. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.