Ask an expert

26 Aug 2011

how do i treat an abcess which has occured in my private parts, next to the mouth of my vagina, it is so sore and i cant even press it to drain the puss, it''s not yet ripe.
last year i had the same thing in the armpit and ultimately went for operation. what do i do with this one and what causes them really?
Answer 646 views

01 Jan 0001


You should rather consult your doctor, as you might need a course of antibiotics. It is most likely caused by an infected hair follicle or a gland infection. In the interim you can apply Bactroban ointment and take Myprodol capsules, two, six hourly. With severe pain, you can apply a cold compress to numb the pain.

Consult your doctor as soon as possible to prevent worsening of the abscess.


Dr Anrich
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.