Ask an expert

13 Feb 2006

Abdominal pains
I have problem for almost 6 years now. I’ve got abdominal pains, which include heartburns. I’ve been to doctor, he gave me cimenticine pills. I’m still in treatment. I need further help, please. Thanks Nicholas
Answer 425 views

01 Jan 0001

Hi Nico,
If it does not clear up with cimetidine, you should be referred to a gastro-enterologist - you may need antibiotics to kill the germs that cause peptic ulcers in your stomach. Did you have a gastroscopy yet? ( That is the camera that you swallow so that they can see what's happening in your stomach?)
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9364 votes
67% - 19337 votes