Ask an expert

30 Sep 2008

abnormal period
hi doc am sorry to post to you but the gynae doc forum is up to bull she doesnt answer any questions. heres my problem. i am 20 years old i had a miscarriage in feb this year at 9 weeks i had a d& c but promblem is i now have a 27 sometimes 26 day cycle and i spot for the 1st day or so before i see a normal period. i want to know should i be concerned about this? and what can be done to rectify this problem? i really cant afford to see a doc right now as i dont have money please help me which ever way you can i will really appreciate it.

thank you
Answer 407 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Help me
It may help to use a hormonal contraceptive (something like Triphasil) for a few months ( about 3 months) just to normalize your cycle again. If you have pain, an abnormal discharge or heavy bleeding is it better to rather see a doctor.
Dr Bets
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9433 votes
68% - 19966 votes