Ask an expert

03 Sep 2007

Good day Doctor

I suffered a tumour a few years back which affected the functioning of my pituatiry gland(sp) due to this I suffer a growth hormone deficiency which has a very negative effect of making me suffer fatiuge. would a medical aid cover growth hormone replacement as I believe its rather expensive

thanking you
Answer 449 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Mark
It may be covered if prescribed by an endocrinologist and motivated for your specific condition.
Dr Bets
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9360 votes
67% - 19295 votes