Ask an expert

16 Jan 2006

Alternative to open back surgery
According to more than one international website's online questionaires, I am a suitable candidate for endoscopic discectomy (spine surgery). How can I find a neuro surgeon in South Africa who performs endoscopic spine surgery?
Answer 346 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear UR,
Contact your nearest academic hospital - like Grootte Schuur or Pretoria Academic and ask to speak to the head or orthopedics. They should be able to refer you to someone in your area.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.