Ask an expert
Question

09 Feb 2010

Baby ate Toilet Duck gel!
Dear CD
This morning my 1 year old found the toilet open, and hence the Toilet Duck gel disc which was dispensed under the rim. Needless to say, he got his hand into it and tasted it. I phoned the poison line who said it shouldn'  t be too much of a problem, but that it could cause irritation of his mouth and esophagus. I am still a bit worried about what it can do to his intestines? He most likely got about a teaspoonful in his mouth.
Please help!

Answer 5,722 views
Expert
CyberDoc
cyberdoc

01 Jan 0001

Hallo Racoon
It may help to give him milk to dilute the chemicals and cancel out the acid in the block. See if he has any signs of blisters or lesions in the mouth, lips or on his tongue. Please inform your doctor about the incident and let him know if he has any symptoms like vomiting, blood in the stool, breathing difficulty or any other suspicious symptoms.
Dr Bets
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.