Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
10 Jan 2003
Bedwetting/weak bladder young child
I have a daughter who has just turned 5. Even though we try to limit her fluid intake after 6pm and take her to the the toilet last thing at night before we go to bed, she stillcannot make through to the morning without wetting the bed. She is a heavy sleeper and does not wake up when she needs to go to the toilet. During the day she goes to the toilet a lot but obviously since she is awake there are no problems. She has been wearing pull up nappies at night but is starting to not want to wear them . I want to sort out the problem before it becomes and issue but short of settingthe alarm for 3am in the morning and putiing her on the toilet myself , I do not know what to do.
Concerned mom, I wrote something on bedwetting a while ago and if you mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org, I’ll pass it on. If you have more questions, please let me know (as a new question, otherwise I will miss it).
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Why South Africa stopped making vaccines
- Are chemicals shrinking your penis and depleting your sperm? Here’s what the evidence really says
- How rare is very rare? Your questions about blood clots – answered
- ‘We have to be alert, not alarmed’ says KRISP director about B.1.617 variant identified in India
- High doses of vitamin D have no effect on severe Covid infection - study
- THE ESKOM FILES | Flashy Eskom exec 'still owe us about a million bucks' says Pretoria builder
- US support on Covid-19 vaccine patents: This is how it happened
- SATURDAY PROFILE | From Sudan to SA: One man's journey from being called a spy to becoming a doctor
- Late interim leader’s son Misuzulu named Zulu king
- Did 'Vermeulen 4 Vunipola 0' influence Lions' selection shock?
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9467 votes
68% - 20217 votes