Ask an expert

10 Nov 2008

blister/lump at the back of my Ear
Hi there,
i woke up this morning with what feels like a small (jelly tot size) blister/lump at the back of my ear - where the ear connects to the head, the ear is throbbing slightly, my head is also throbbing and my eyes seem very sensitive to light, any suggestions on what it might be and whether i should go and see my doc, i would very appreciative, thanks, concerned ear
Answer 409 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear concerned ear
This is probably an enlarged lymphgland and an indication that there is an infection in the ear or head area. Rather let your doctor have a look at you (typical infections that cause enlarged glands in the head and neck area are tickbite fever, rubella, bacterial infections of the ear, nose or throat)
Dr Bets
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9425 votes
68% - 19881 votes