Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
08 Jan 2003
Blood in newborn baby's stool
My daughter has a two month old baby, for the las two or three days she had been noticing small of amounts of blood in the baby's stool, this does not happen each nappy change, but it has been there. The baby is only breast fed at this stage, do you have any idea what could cause this? This is a big concern for us as my daughter suffers from Ulcerative Colitis, so needless to say this gives us huge concern.
Jenni, if there is still blood when you receive this reply, you should take him to his paediatrician just to make sure nothing serious is the matter. It might be due to a small anal fissure or something more serious like an intestinal abnormality (I doubt that it UC). Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Covid-19: A potentially deadly ‘black fungus’ infection seen in patients in India
- WATCH | How face masks protect you against Covid-19
- OPINION | Pilgrimage in a pandemic: Lessons from Mecca on containing Covid-19
- Core strength: Why is it important and how do you maintain it?
- WHO to restart Covid trial to test if three existing drugs can save lives of hospitalised patients
- Magashule set to apologise, 'but with strings attached' - sources
- Mkhize's 3rd wave warning: 'He knows we will end up with trauma and suffering again'
- Steinhoff vows to 'vigorously defend' settlement proposal in wake of liquidation bid
- There is no basis 'to ask for a postponement of the elections' - IEC chair
- 20 years later: Pick n Pay’s failed retail pharmacy strategy
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9472 votes
68% - 20292 votes