Ask an expert

17 Jun 2004

blood tests?
Hi there, in a previous question you said it would be best to have a FBC ot GTT blood test done...what is it about and what exactly are they testing for then?
Answer 388 views

01 Jan 0001

Hunnybear, the FBC (Full Blood Count) is to determine whether you have anaemia and the GTT (Glucose Tolerance Test) will tell whether you sugar is too high or too low, or if you have a problem in metabolising your sugar. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.