Ask an expert

31 Oct 2008

Please could you advise me as to what I can get for our labourer that is suffering from a boil outbreak.I have sent him to the doctor on several occasions and he keeps telling me that the docotr says his blood is dirty, now I honestly don' t believe in dirty blood!!!and I am sure that their is something that he can take to - avoid getting these out breaks so frequently. I have bought him Multivitamins and not even that is helping, I am honest y very concerned about his health and will try and do anything to help him.I feel so sorry for him as he never misses a days work even though he is in so much pain.
Please could u advise as to what I can get / do to help him.
Answer 747 views

01 Jan 0001

Thank you for visiting

The best will be to go along when he consult the doctor. Ask the doctor to do a MC&S (analysis) of the boil to determine the exact bacteria that is causing the outbreaks. You can also ask the doctor for a prescription for Clamentin 1g, twice daily, for at least 14 days (given that he is not allergic to penicillen). He can also apply Bactroban ointment to the boils, twice daily.

Kind regards

Dr Anrich Burger
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9444 votes
68% - 20057 votes