Ask an expert

25 Feb 2003

Breast pain
I have this nagging pain in my left breast and was just wondering it was anything to worry about?
Answer 561 views

01 Jan 0001

Nads, the best person to see with mastalgia (pain in the breasts) is a surgeon. There are numerous causes for mastalgia and most of them are fairly easy to treat. I know that in the back of your mind you’re worried about cancer, but mastalgia is seldom the presenting symptom in someone with cancer. If it doesn’t clear up within the next couple of days, the best would be to see the surgeon and have it sorted out. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9472 votes
68% - 20291 votes