Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
07 Mar 2003
Burning sensation over entire upper body and head
For the second time this week I experienced what I can only describe as a burnibg sensation over my entire upper body arms and head. I feel extremely hot and my skin turns red with a burning, hot, prickly sensation.
Michael, I can’t say for sure what the problem is without examining you first. It might be due to blood pressure problems, infections, metabolic fluctuations and even neurological problems. The best would be to have your blood pressure, sugar and temperature taken as soon as you feel like that again. If everything is normal it will more or less end the DIY part of this problem and you will have to see your doctor. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Your guide to side-effects: What you can expect after a Covid-19 jab
- Covid-19: Do I still need to wear a mask when vaccinated, and other questions
- Fighting the flu season: Two experts answer key questions about the flu shot
- Mounting evidence suggests Covid-19 vaccines do reduce transmission. How does this work?
- Obesity linked to increased in-hospital mortality in Covid-19 patients, especially men
- Covid-19: Move to a stricter lockdown level, experts warn as third wave looms
- Witnesses out to get me, Lucky Montana tells Zondo about his properties
- Humble rooibos is now a superfood, and SA could be cashing in
- Ofentse Mokwena | Recommendations to fix the transport industry are too little, too late
- Who is Prince Misuzulu?
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9470 votes
68% - 20265 votes