Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
20 Mar 2003
Hi, i was just wondering, i have been smoking for a while now and have been getting pains in my mouth under my tongue and sores on my bottom jaw and stuff, i was wondering if this is just an overreaction on my part or could it be the start of something cancerous. Thanks
JP, it’s always possible, but the surest sign of a cancer is a lump somewhere. The problem with lung cancer is that the lump would be somewhere in the lungs where you can’t reach it. By the time you start having symptoms like being short of breath or coughing up blood, it’s often too late to do something about it. The best would be to quit now while you’re still ahead. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Type 2 diabetes: Sitting can cause problems with blood sugar levels, so get up and move
- Struggling to convince someone who's vaccine-hesitant to get Covid-19 jab? Try this approach
- How quickly do we become unfit?
- Finding an HIV vaccine: Five lessons from the search for a Covid-19 jab
- Covid-19: Do I still need to wear a mask when vaccinated, and other questions
- Phase 2 of SA's ambitious Covid-19 vaccination drive gets under way countrywide
- If Zuma is ready to go on trial, why is he bringing another doomed case against the NPA?
- State capture: Geoff Makhubo denies his influence was bought
- OPINION | Berry lekker: How urban foraging is one way to help feed SA's hungry
- Ralph Mathekga | Magashule ties ANC's hands
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9476 votes
68% - 20346 votes