Ask an expert

31 Aug 2007

Cervical Sponylosis
I am 39yrs old and have been suffering with a neck spasm since the beginning of July. We found out that I have cervical Spondylosis and osteophytes. I am still going for physio and it is improving. The physiotherapist has advised me to go see a Rheumatologist to get advise on improving/maintaining my bones. Can you advise on anything else that I could be doing. Possibly supplements?
Answer 523 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Michelle

Thank you for visiting

It is important that you consult a Rheumatologist, to evaluate your condition and to have x-rays of your cervical spine done, to start the correct treatment. There is no supplements available that will eleviate your symptoms.

Kind regards

Dr Anrich Burger
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9369 votes
67% - 19367 votes