Ask an expert

30 Mar 2004

Cont.12127 Serious Fish allergy
Previous posting: 12127

RE: Serious Fish allergy

She is avoiding eating the fish, but she has a problem even if she is in the vicinity of fish (especially Kingklip). Apart from the fish, she is also allergic to pine, pollen, and many other things. She has been tested (prick-tests included) and the doctor is astounded as to how allergic she is to so many different things. For this reason, we would like to make contact with an Allergist. Are you able to help with a name perhaps?
Awaiting your response in anticipation.

Answer 415 views

01 Jan 0001

C-4-M, there used to be someone at the University of Pretoria’s medical faculty, but as far as I know he isn’t there anymore. There are some doctors with an interest in allergies, but as far as I know none of them has specialised in immunology. The best would be to phone the teaching hospitals (or ask you GP to do so) and find out if they can help you. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.