Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
14 Jun 2004
I have a constant nausea. I feel hungry but too nauseous to eat. If I eat small amounts of certain foods I don't feel too bad, but the nausea returns very soon. It is driving me crazy. I cannot eat breakfast. I don't know what to eat anymore since each day it seems that I can only eat less. 100% fruit juice helps or coke. But I am not sure what exactly is causing this nausea. I have had it for just over two weeks now. It is also related to slight heartburn. I have recently had the flu, could this just be one of the symptoms of the flu. I cannot handle this nausea anymore!
MLS, nausea isn’t a very specific symptom – definitely not enough to make a diagnosis on. It might be due to a stomach bug, a gall bladder infection, middle ear problems, a metabolic problem, liver disease, kidney disease, bladder infection, etc. The best would be to see a specialist physician and have it sorted out. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- How rare is very rare? Your questions about blood clots – answered
- Strict public health measures associated with lower Covid-19 cases and deaths
- Anxiety around illness in childhood and adolescence can become chronic
- Lockdown dramatically increased stress levels and loss of sleep in mothers
- Why South Africa stopped making vaccines
- Covid-19: Move to a stricter lockdown level, experts warn as third wave looms
- Witnesses out to get me, Lucky Montana tells Zondo about his properties
- Ralph Mathekga | Magashule suspension: Cue the battle of the ANC branches
- Taxpayers will foot the bill while ANC MPs 'step aside'
- Damian dilemma: Why Willemse is key to Stormers breaking duck
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9469 votes
68% - 20241 votes