Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
13 Mar 2003
continuous throat infection
ive been batteling to overcome a type of throat infection. it is not painful or even uncomfortable. from what i can see my saliva glands are swollen at the back of my cheeks. a type of white/yellow waxy type discharge in the form of little balls is excreted constantly. it is very foul smelling. i have been to two doctors who have prescribed anti-biotics and mouthwash. it seems to help a bit but it never completely cures me. after the anti-biotics it flares up just as it was before. i have been batteling with this for about 6 months. if anyone knows what it is or has had something similar please advise me. ofcourse your advise would be wonderful too! thanks.
Lara, it’s difficult to say for sure what the problem is without examining you first, but it sounds like a bacterial infection from this side of the screen. If it is, antibiotics are the appropriate treatment and maybe all that’s the matter is that you didn’t take it for a long enough time. Maybe the best would be to see and ENT specialist and have it sorted out. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Struggling to convince someone who's vaccine-hesitant to get Covid-19 jab? Try this approach
- How quickly do we become unfit?
- Type 2 diabetes: Sitting can cause problems with blood sugar levels, so get up and move
- Finding an HIV vaccine: Five lessons from the search for a Covid-19 jab
- Covid-19: Do I still need to wear a mask when vaccinated, and other questions
- Phase 2 of SA's ambitious Covid-19 vaccination drive gets under way countrywide
- If Zuma is ready to go on trial, why is he bringing another doomed case against the NPA?
- State capture: Geoff Makhubo denies his influence was bought
- OPINION | Berry lekker: How urban foraging is one way to help feed SA's hungry
- Ralph Mathekga | Magashule ties ANC's hands
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9476 votes
68% - 20347 votes