Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
04 Feb 2003
Curing Sleep Walking
I have a brother who is sleep walking, but not just that, he's also fighting in his sleep with creaters, talking in his sleep and keeping the household awake all night. We tried to give him a natural traqulizer (Bilral), but that doesn't even work. He plays Computer games, do programming, watch movies or just stay up late. He goes to sleep about 12 o'clock, and then in the night about 3 times each night, he's fighting with things. It's becoming dangerous, because he's braking stuff in the process. In the morning he can't remember a thing. Is there a cure or something we can do to help this? Ps. He is 20 now, and it's been like this from 5 year, and my Grandfather's also like this.
Niwde, maybe the best would be for him not to play computer games after 22h00. he can also try taking a sedating antihistamine at night for a week or so and if that doesn’t work, maybe a sleeping pill like Stilnox® or Imovane®. The best would probably be to have sleep studies done to see if they can’t get to the root of the problem. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Your guide to side-effects: What you can expect after a Covid-19 jab
- Fighting the flu season: Two experts answer key questions about the flu shot
- Obesity linked to increased in-hospital mortality in Covid-19 patients, especially men
- Anxiety around illness in childhood and adolescence can become chronic
- How rare is very rare? Your questions about blood clots – answered
- Covid-19: Move to a stricter lockdown level, experts warn as third wave looms
- Witnesses out to get me, Lucky Montana tells Zondo about his properties
- Humble rooibos is now a superfood, and SA could be cashing in
- Who is Prince Misuzulu?
- Ralph Mathekga | Magashule suspension: Cue the battle of the ANC branches
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9470 votes
68% - 20256 votes