Ask an expert

09 Sep 2007

Over the last few weeks I have been having dizzy spells especially after looking upwards (bending my head back), sometimes when walking and even while sitting down. I am 59yrs old and on antihypertensive medication which is controling my blood pressure. At times it seems as if my vision is also affected.
Is this serious and should I go and see my doctor.
Answer 373 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Tuppy
Yes rather see your doctor - this may be a problem in the inner ear - like an imbalance in the fluid levels of the three semicircular canals of the vestibular system. You may need to see an ENT specialist and use stabilizing medication for a while.
Dr Bets
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.