Ask an expert

07 Apr 2003

Could you refer me to a specialist for DVT?What procedures can be done for DVT.I am on Warfarin and have been in Hospital twice in three weeks.Was discharged on 2/4/03 now my leg is swelling again and becoming painful.Please help.
Answer 396 views

01 Jan 0001

Jacques, the best person to see would be a general surgeon. He will examine you, do the special investigations and if necessary, consult a haematologist (blood specialist). Good luck.
PS If you’re interested in a copy of something I wrote on the subject a while ago, please mail me at
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.